reaper68

Is there any ETA on the new gen amps

I know this is a long shot, but I would just like to know if there is an eta on them. Mostly because I'm redoing my 05 GTO and I would dump my mmats amps in a second to run LP again. I've been whining about not being able to purchase a decent amp for about 6 years now. I wish they would come out with something close to my 3.2, but I would line up for something like the 4.1 I've wanted one of those for over a decade.

In my opinion, I think the LP2150 has got the 3.2 beat ... Well, maybe not in raw horsepower, but in everything else ...

again, just my opinion ...

I think he has got something along the lines of a LP2250 on the list ...

Thank you for your interest in Linear Power / Blues Car Audio !!! :rockwoot:

Please keep checking www.linearpower.com and this site for updates on the new amps ... We are ALL waiting with you ...

BTW ... Welcome to CA-F !!! :drink40:

I would be interested in the LP2150 for possibly the front stage, but I typically run a couple of kilowatts on the sub channel. Mostly because you can always turn it down, but its a pain when you don't have enough. :)

I understand bro ... I have a 5002IQ modded with feedback on my pair of ISO-Kit 10s ... :rockwoot:

Unfortunately we have to consider ugly factors such as the crappy economy when determining when we will be able to release the new amps. Our tentative schedule was end of year this year or first of next year but that may change. The prototypes are out in long term field testing and none have encountered a single problem. They blow everything away we have ever done in the past. Don't be mistaken the LP2150 is much stronger than it's rating, it will produce full power below 10 Hz and it's power rating is a RMS figure taken at 12 volts at very low distortion. It makes around 220 watts RMS at 14.4 volts and 196 RMS at 13.8 volts and all these figures are per channel power. The LP2250,as well as, all other models will be equal rated and capable

So the LP2250 would be comparable to a 3.2 or more. That's pretty impressive as I've ran and still have one of those. I know I got all giddy when I read that LP was back I always wanted a 4.1hvs and it sounds like you guys maybe getting setup to do something even bigger. I think it would be nice to mod my 3.2 and run four blues 10's and find a 2.2 to run some 8" comps in the front of my s10 that would be a nice old school install :)

Long term testing is another thing Linear has been known for. For instance, the final prototype of the 5002 was complete in 1982 and wasn't produced until 1985. Also this series of amp has alot of new technology that needs to be tested and changed to make sure the product that ends up in your car is the best it can be. Since the 5 amps were put online in January they've made numerous changes to different parts to improve the amplifier.

But like Ray said, the economy has a HUGE effect on how quickly these amps make it to production. Unfortunatly when the economy is slow so are people to spend money on car stereo. Just a fact of life.

The good thing is that the prototype is there and it works! That's one step closer to them being in our cars!

Most people that are interested in Linear "like myself" won't mind paying $300 for a living legend brought back. Having the sq is a plus too. As far as the rest of the population they will catch on when they hear what can do. ;)

The economy effects production funds as much as it can effect sales.

Don't think we can make any quite that cheaply. The LP2150 will retail in the 750-850 range. The LP2075 will probably be in the 550-600 range. That is as small as we plan to go for now. We MAY eventually do a LP2050 which will be 50 x 2 RMS but that is yet to be seen and if we do that amp would probably retail around 375-475. But that is all ballpark figures for now.

So can I ask will you be doing any amps that do similar power to the 4.1's or bigger? Also it looks like were looking at about a dollar per watt like the old days I have no problem with that as long as there built like the old days

The economy effects production funds as much as it can effect sales.

Don't think we can make any quite that cheaply. The LP2150 will retail in the 750-850 range. The LP2075 will probably be in the 550-600 range. That is as small as we plan to go for now. We MAY eventually do a LP2050 which will be 50 x 2 RMS but that is yet to be seen and if we do that amp would probably retail around 375-475. But that is all ballpark figures for now.

They will be built better than our past standards, with even more SQ and reliability. They will also be still conservatively rated at RMS power at low distortion and at only 12 volts of battery power, which will be even more conservative than we were before for power.

The biggest amp we have designed to built so far will be the LP2250. It will be 250 by two channels RMS at 12 volts. Which will be stronger than a 5002IQ and a 3.2HV.

The new amps hold full power to a very low frequency unlike the older amps that started dropping power off in the mid 30 Hz range. The LP2150 makes full power to below 10 HZ.

What will the power supply handle for voltage? Would they run on an 18v system?

out of curiosity what do you think of the w15gti mk2's you have got listed for equipment? i got the jbl power series p1022 and thing they sucked the only box they came alive in is a big ass t line. ended out with one d con 12 it hit better then two of the p1022's had four hitting 140 in a ported and had two in a t-line hitting 141.5 . that was ported for ported dcon versus jbl power p1022 was about 136-137 ported 2 verse 1. they had shitty sq to compare to the d con. if i know lp there better then your thinking just got to give them a try and you will be hooked. like i did with that d con from aaron's store. if i had the cash i would go lp. also some one will get back to you on the 18 volts sooner or later i am not a tech for lp they check back every once in a wile basically every day there here cheeking threads.

What will the power supply handle for voltage? Would they run on an 18v system?

Why would you need a 18v system ?? Is you system already set up for 18v ??

The truck I'm building will be that's why I was asking. So were looking at sinfoni, or monolithic prices on the new lp's? Price really isn't an object if they last.

The gti's are pretty nice without looking at output they are on par with my ppi pros, w6v2's, and my old fav's audiomobile EVO-r 15's which I ran off my 3.2

It may sound stupid but one of the things that impressed me most about the jbl's was the fact that they make no suspension noise at all, none when I was breaking them in free air with my crown amp.

Edited by reaper68

The truck I'm building will be that's why I was asking. So were looking at sinfoni, or monolithic prices on the new lp's? Price really isn't an object if they last.

The gti's are pretty nice without looking at output they are on par with my ppi pros, w6v2's, and my old fav's audiomobile EVO-r 15's which I ran off my 3.2

It may sound stupid but one of the things that impressed me most about the jbl's was the fact that they make no suspension noise at all, none when I was breaking them in free air with my crown amp.

ya they do not make much noise but the sound out of the d con was a lot louder and clearer then my jbl's . for the price i paid for them the d con should have been the quite one. but output is not every thing. i think it is cause of those new ratings of the 2.83 volt / 1 m away. if i ran one 10 there would not have been any output for those jbl's i run one 12 inch d con and i got the bump / punch from the sub i am after. not boomy bass associated with teens and rap music lol's from turning the gain all the way up. any ways these guys are steering you in the right direction as they have with me. just thought i would give some input on them. i was thinking that the 18 volt set up would be for spl not sq to get more power out of a amp. to push bigger speakers. which are not needed for sq cause they drowned out the mid/highs from so much spl from the sub stage.

Edited by bum

Basically just seeing if I need to change things up. I think the old amps would handle something like 15volts. Basically I was just interested in seeing what the upper end was.

Well it looks like the dcons have a lot less mms to deal with than the jbl's you had I don't know what types of things are Incorporated in the drivers you were playing with if they have a Faraday ring or split coil or anything to make them sound better. I've never played with either driver so I don't know.

I used to run all tc sound subs that were "prototypes" I had put together. Had 4 15's tc9 with triple 1" slugs and the tall profile surround 10" spiders (evo-r on roids), then a bunch of 3hp and 4hp stuff loud but a lot of coil/cone mass and some screwy inductance but it wasn't meant to be SQ either. They kinda reminded me of my Phoenix gold TI elites because they would only play up to about 70hz.

Damn, you had Ti Elites? That is nice. I can admit, they were one of the inspirations for our Xcon.

Yeah traded them for the 4 15's actually :) I liked PG back in the day I wish they wouldn't have gone the route they have, also wish I wouldn't have sold my ms1000 :( and the elite comps I had as well

May have to buy some xcons if there like the elites :)

Edited by reaper68

Yeah traded them for the 4 15's actually :) I liked PG back in the day I wish they wouldn't have gone the route they have, also wish I wouldn't have sold my ms1000 :( and the elite comps I had as well

I'll do you one better I still have a PG cyclone :)

liked PG back in the day I wish they wouldn't have gone the route they have,

ya i was thinking the same about jbl as your thinking pheinox gold about back in the day. here i was thinking they only made good stuff a long time ago till i started using ssa gear. from sun down amps to zed every thing they carry is top notch. even there suporters like blues an lp are top notch at customer servies and products. you can tell when you listen to music threw the equipment aaron carries that he is deadicated to good sounding audio.

We will not be making amps for absurd voltage figures. This is un-attainable in everyday normal 99.999 percent of the vehicles. Our amps will have under voltage and over voltage protection that will not allow them to play past a voltage range that can damage electronics.

Realize that an 18 volt system has to charge at around 20- 22 volts this will damage vehicle electronics and most audio electronics, other than a few amplifiers that rate their power at this high figure to get overblown power figures that are not readily or easily attainable in the real world.

Edited by Linear Power

Also, our power figures are RMS at a very low distortion, not CEA standards of 1% distortion and MAX power. The LP2150 would be have a very high power figure if rated by this means.

It was not my intent to aggravate anyone just figured I'd ask because it was an unregulated design. So your looking at an under voltage of around 10 volts and and over at 15v? Would you suggest running a cap to help remove ripple in the voltage upstream from the amp?

I'm not aggravated, just letting people know that maintaining voltage in a useful range is important, but going out of that range is pretty useless in all most every case. The idea is to build the power out put and efficiency in a normal range that 99.99 % of the systems can use. Building or even quoting power figures for amps in that high voltage range are just giving most people an un-attainable figure they will never come close to getting from the product, and the added expense to build a high voltage system JUST to run the amps separate is not economically feasible and again could severely damage other vehicle and audio electronics, if not pulled off extremely well. We believe in giving extremely conservative figures that are readily attainable and realistic. You are going to get more from your Linear Power amp than what it's rating is. I don't know many that would be unhappy with that or argue that point, but I am sure there will be someone unhappy their amp makes more power that rated. LOL!