Cablguy184

Linear Power / Blues Car Audio

Nice graphs, now an eclosure can be properly design for the driver. I will have to take some dimentions of my truck to figure out really whats going to work out best.

Does 6appeal have them install in his vehicles? I wouldnt want to try to make him get them out of any of his vehicles, I might just go with one 12" in either a ported or sealed enclosure.

I asked the seller if he had another one like it. He said no this came from a surplus and was in a Bazooka tube. So he reffer to it as a Bazooka woofer instead of a Blues woofer. After I told him it seemed he didnt care and told me "if your not happy with it, send it back for a refund, but you pay for shipping". But I let him know I was happy :runlaugh: k with purchase after all woofer arrived just as pic. Looks new.

Yes it is a 8-ohm driver. Maybe John can sell me one of his 12's or smoothfidelity can tell me were an extra 12 is at.

I asked the seller if he had another one like it. He said no this came from a surplus and was in a Bazooka tube. So he reffer to it as a Bazooka woofer instead of a Blues woofer. After I told him it seemed he didnt care and told me "if your not happy with it, send it back for a refund, but you pay for shipping". But I let him know I was happy :runlaugh: k with purchase after all woofer arrived just as pic. Looks new.

Yes it is a 8-ohm driver. Maybe John can sell me one of his 12's or smoothfidelity can tell me were an extra 12 is at.

My 12's are long gone. All new Blues drivers in the truck. No Blues in the GN. Actually nothing in the GN. All old Blues drivers in my home theater, but nothing bigger than a 10.

I will have to look. I may have a 12 I can get rid of in my NOS stock. Email me next week and remind me to look, but I sure can't touch the price you got the first one for of eBay! I'll do the best I can on price if I have one.

LOL I know I know, that was a pretty good deal. Did any one see the one where the seller used "lanear" on the title and it was a 3 amp lot (which included one 5002, one Pioneer, one Alpine) and ended for 250.00. :angry22:

I'll let you know sometime next week. Thanks. Would it be a single 12" 8-ohm or the ISO kit? If single (which would be perfect for me) what would I need to make it the IsoKit, I mean the tube, what is it, acrylic?

Just so you guyz know, there's a used set of (old) BL65 drivers and another listing from the same seller for the tweets+passives.

Enjoy,

Kelvin

Yes, we know, that is Smoothfidelity, he is selling some old equipment, still nice stuff, just not what the new stuff is today! The old BIG plate tweeter and 6.5 with crossover would make a really nice home speaker setup.

I ran into the auction on ebay where you purchased this 12" woofer. The seller referred to the ISO-KIT as a bazooka tube and put the word bazooka in the title. Funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_3288wt_1141

I was just reading this post and looked at the auction. Man, what a deal. Too bad I can't find auctions like that. :angry22:

Those are always the best finds.....when someone doesn't know what they really have.

We just added Iron City Marketing (ICAM) as our manufacturers rep for Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and Western Pensylvania.

Blues speakers are awesome lol... I work at a car audio shop and we have blues speakers from 95 that were bought on closeout when they originally went out of business and we use them to play music in the shop and I beat the crap outta them and they wont blow lol... I've literally been trying... glad to see blues are back!!!

I have literally just had a customer drop off a 3 way combination set from a leading Manufacturer at my shop to "Get Rid Of" and he left with a Blues 5.25 Set and said that he'll be back for the 6.5's and a 10" sub in a bout 2 weeks! All he heard was my 2 way system in my personal car that is under powered and built totally stock.

• Upvote 1

OK So i finally got my Blues 6.5 woofer to bottom out. It was on one of thos dredded reggae/dancehall songs on a frequency that was probably below 30 Hz at rediculously loud volumes. Amplifier was a Zapco Z300 Competition amp. Pants leg was shaking. and the strange thing is that the midrange remained composed during the entire beating. I would love to see what these 8" Blues are gonna do.

I can guarantee you the speaker had not reached its limits the amp had. That amp is no where near as strong as a LP2150 or LP2250. If the power supply runs out of energy on low frequency the amp looses all damping factor and the speaker will pop/flop uncontrolably.

This same thing occurred to one of my friends running a 2.2HV in his HHR which in everyone's book is a very nice SQ amp with plenty of power, or so would you think. It popped and rattled the 6.5, but when he replaced it with the LP2150. It got louder and went lower with NO popping.

Now I had a proto type LP2150 aka 1802 in my escape for nearly two years running a 6.5 component set and did it very well. I took it out and put the LP2250 on it, again the 6.5' components got even louder and still smooth and clean. Yes, I can gain the amp up to kill most any midbass on the market, but our 6.5 is handling 80 percent of what the LP2250 can give them.

The 6.5 components either passive or active are amazing speakers, they are very efficient and take little power to do a nice job but boy you can shove the power thru them if you want to also. Real unique speaker set, plays midrange like a three way set, plays sub like you got a sub up front, efficient, yet handles gobs of power. Don't know of much else that will do that.

Edited by Linear Power

I just installed my passive 6.5 components on my 2150! So far they sound great but I'm still playing with tweeter placement. I've never put a lot of effort in tweeter location in the past so if you guys have any suggestions they will be appreciated. For now they are on the pillars off axis just below ear level.

I'm not running a sub at the moment so the epicenter is on the doors for now. I was really surprised at how well they handle it!

Also does anyone know how to get the box marks off the crossover lids?

post-8980-0-24805000-1366239854_thumb.jpg

In my vehicle, I ended up with the tweeters almost all the way at the bottom of the pillars tilted slightly back on axis aiming up towards the back of the rear view mirror. Getting them farther away from my ear helped a lot.

Try as many angles and locations as you can, and pick the one that sounds and images the best. Then, tweak your T/A if you have it.

I have a couple sets of the components and my crossovers didn't have those marks. The lids do get scuffed easily though.

Edited by smoothfidelity

I've installed a dozen or so blues sets at my shop and most of the crossovers come with marks like that from the corrugated card board they are packed with. I usually hide the crossovers so I've never tried to get the marks off.

I will make note of that and try to figure out how to keep the cardboard from making marks. I have not had any one ask but if it is an issue to even one person I will look at improving it.

Do you have time alignment features in your radio, or are you using a processor? If so you need to put the tweeters on axis with the drivers ears, if not bouncing them off the windshield to the left and right of the mirror can give somewhat of a center image that works in the mid and high frequencies but lower frequencies will tend to pull to the side a d down in a rainbow arch toward the 6.5's.

An old trick before there were any time alignment equipment was to wire the drivers tweeter out of phase with the rest of the system. This gives several milli-seconds of delay to the tweeter and gives the effect the tweeter is further away from you and helps improve what little center image you can achieve without time alignment.