Cablguy184

Linear Power / Blues Car Audio

Will definitely be looking out for updates on your build. Not the best pick or not, I just love the look of LP amps!!

Will definitely be looking out for updates on your build. Not the best pick or not, I just love the look of LP amps!!

This is Tracey's truck, not mine ... I'm just setting up his CA-F build for him ...

My build log is already on here somewhere ... :drink40:

I added a link to the home page.

Great. Now more will find their way. :)

I've got CA-F on the home navigation menu and on the news page.

I also added a link to MECA since we are now a manufacturing sponsor for them. Several of our team are competing in MECA already. Herman and LeeAnn are top 5 in their respective classes right now.

MECA allows organized teams to compete. If you are using Linear Power or Blues Car Audio and are competing in MECA then contact us about team membership.

• Upvote 1

I also added a link to MECA since we are now a manufacturing sponsor for them. Several of our team are competing in MECA already. Herman and LeeAnn are top 5 in their respective classes right now.

MECA allows organized teams to compete. If you are using Linear Power or Blues Car Audio and are competing in MECA then contact us about team membership.

Will be glad when I can request to be considered for the team! Still working on everything. Hopefully within the next few months. :runlaugh:

Will be glad when I can request to be considered for the team! Still working on everything. Hopefully within the next few months. :runlaugh:

You don't have to have product in a vehicle to be considered for team membership, you can be a part of the team at anytime.

We have been working up a team package for Blues, which will give each member some promo goods, such as t-shirts, stickers, group placement at shows and contests, invitations to any special events during the year, and product discounts or promotional giveaways during the year. We are still working it all out as well as the yearly membership dues to join the club.

Edited by Linear Power

You don't have to have product in a vehicle to be considered for team membership, you can be a part of the team at anytime.

We have been working up a team package for Blues, which will give each member some promo goods, such as t-shirts, stickers, group placement at shows and contests, invitations to any special events during the year, and product discounts or promotional giveaways during the year. We are still working it all out as well as the yearly membership dues to join the club.

Awesome. I respectfully submit my request to be part of the team.

When the membership info is worked out, I will be happy to join.

I'm going to be starting my car install very soon. I really need to get a demo vehicle out there. :nuts:

Blues12a.jpg

Just got this woofer. Its the old school w/foam surrond. I believe it came from the ISO KIT, simply because it has "ISO KIT" on the side of the magnet, lol.

Does anyone here knows what enclosure is recommended for it? Or any blueprints out there or any graphs or specs? By the way its a 12".

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 2

Just got this woofer. Its the old school w/foam surrond. I believe it came from the ISO KIT, simply because it has "ISO KIT" on the side of the magnet, lol.

Does anyone here knows what enclosure is recommended for it? Or any blueprints out there or any graphs or specs?

You can tell its an iso-kit because of the indentation around the suround. It's also a rear woofer because of the label. Front woofers had no label. Is that a 12" woofer? It looks like it is because of the smaller dustcap. The rear woofers would either have a smaller dust cap or no dust cap depending on size or production year.

I am not 100% certain these numbers are correct so don't hold me to it.

12"

FS 32 hz

QTS .48

Vas 4.3ft^3

Sen 91dB

Power 150W

10"

FS 35Hz

QTS .42

Vas 2.3ft^3

Sen 90dB

Power 150W

Blues12c.jpg

Does this help?

Yeah I found it actually when I was looking for some cheap woofers for my uncle (he likes the PMiller Bazookas I sold him 7 years ago) He likes to abuse woofers, can't believe how long those subs lasted, and I bought them used about 9 years ago.

If this woofer sounds better than the Cerwin Strokers, I might just sell my two strokers and use one 12". I dont have much space in my car for two big woofers. Thats why am looking for a recommended enclosure for this woofer.

PS: Since it was from an ISO KIT would it be okay to run it as a single woofer?

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

Wish I could help you with a recommended enclosure, but I don't have all the specs on that woofer. However, there are several on here that I'm sure will know, including Ray. Maybe they will chime in shortly. I will be interested to hear what you think when you get it going.

You can run that woofer by itself just as if it was always a single. One Blues 12 vs two old Stroker 12's is a tall order. They were good drivers. I won't knock them.

Very nice looking driver bro ...

Get two 8s from Richard and build you a Triso ... :drink40:

Edit ... thats a 12 ??

Yep a 12 incher. Pretty nice uh?

Can't wait for a recommended enclosure to build it. Since it doesnt require much power it will be nice for a 5002 or would that be too much power (I can always set the gain very low). Dont know yet if its a 4ohm or 8ohm (hopefully a 8-ohm).

Edited by Rick

You can run that woofer by itself just as if it was always a single. One Blues 12 vs two old Stroker 12's is a tall order. They were good drivers. I won't knock them.

Two old strokers require some serious power. They sound pretty darn good compare to some new woofers I've heard. Love how they sound with a Linear Power 5002. Very loud, yet the bass is so deep and clean almost like a theater. Am not into SPL (like I use to 5 years ago) now I would rather have a clean SQ system.

I already install my 1502IQ in my car and its powering a Pioneer components set, makes them really shine. I get distortion from the front component set (which is being powered by my HU) but will change pretty soon.

Yea, My 5002iq seems like it really enjoys beating the crap out of those ISO-Kits !!! :rockwoot:

I have a basket/motor that I will take of the speaker terminals and replace those old connectors. Or you guys think I should leave it originAl.

Randall, thats a twelve. Cant build a triso with a twelve.

Rick, as far as changing the terminals, my opinion is "if it aint broke, dont fix it!" If the woofer plays, it should be fine.

As far as the one Blues twelve "matching" the two strokers, the Blues speaker will match every tone the stroker will, just not as much spl. So imho, if you are looking for the same tonality or response, you should be fine! If you are looking for the same "feels like someone beating my brains out with a bat" that the Strokers give, you need to find acouple of more Blues twelves! Or just find the rest of the Iso-Kit that woofer you have came from + one more kit and i think you would be impressed!

Since it's a woofer from an ISO-kit, it should be an 8 ohm woofer. Back in the day, I ran a pair of Blues 12's in 2 cu ft per, ported at 32 Hz with my 5002. :rockwoot:

I agree with Mike, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yeah as soon as I posted that I said to myself "Why the f*&k would I wanna change something original and especially if its nothing wrong with that connection as most component sets use them." lol.

Where the heck am I going to find another 12" Blues? I got lucky on this one.

I know where two are (6appeal) and I know where two COMPLETE Iso-kit twelves are (ray) that are new in the box. Good luck getting those! Now I will say this, we got a little more playing to do but I have no doubt the new iso-kit ten will do everything the old iso-kit twelve did!

Yeah as soon as I posted that I said to myself "Why the f*&k would I wanna change something original and especially if its nothing wrong with that connection as most component sets use them." lol.

Where the heck am I going to find another 12" Blues? I got lucky on this one.

I know where two are (6appeal) and I know where two COMPLETE Iso-kit twelves are (ray) that are new in the box. Good luck getting those! Now I will say this, we got a little more playing to do but I have no doubt the new iso-kit ten will do everything the old iso-kit twelve did!

I might be willing to sell my ISO-Kits ... If the Price is right ... :drink40: