Cablguy184

Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado

When I grab a newer commuter car, (which could be very soon), I plan to start an all new install. Want to keep it really simple.

Cablguy184    49

My plans are to get me a better truck to drive daily, and turn White Lightning into a street machine / show truck. :rockwoot:

My plans are to get me a better truck to drive daily, and turn White Lightning into a street machine / show truck. :rockwoot:

Good luck in your search. Sounds like another build log. ;)

Cablguy184    49

Nah ... I need a work truck. White Lightning will get all the attention as soon as I can find a replacement. :detail:

I'm determined to be a USACI SQ world champ(1st place win !!). I'm gettin close. Hopefully a tricked out paint job. :rockwoot:

Nah ... I need a work truck. White Lightning will get all the attention as soon as I can find a replacement. :detail:

I'm determined to be a USACI SQ world champ(1st place win !!). I'm gettin close. Hopefully a tricked out paint job. :rockwoot:

Good luck in your pursuit! I really wish I had the chance to compete this year, but not going to happen, again. Maybe if Ray and the guys decide to come over, we can have the team here too.

From Blues Website:

A simple two way crossover with compensation network keeps the phase and impedance nice and flat for most of the speakers frequency range. The tweeter has a 12db Butterworth high pass crossover with impedance compensation. It also has a tweeter protection circuit designed to protect without adding any "color" to the sound.

The woofer is full range with impedance compensation and rolls off naturally. The natural peak at resonance helps to provide a smooth low end rolloff while keeping the woofer under control under high power. Keeping the phase angle near zero is one of the keys to the coherence and clarity in imaging you get from all the Blues™ drivers.

For those wanting to use active crossovers, all Blues™ component sets are also offered with a compensation network only instead of a passive crossover. Power handling, response, and phase all remain the same.

My active crossover , bottom end down to 32 htz for natural roll off. ALOT of control of the front stage.

Wow what a Truck! I Think ive had dreams about this truck somewhere....... Good job!

Edited by Mike Flanagan

Cablguy184    49

Its all thanks to you Mike. I've said you and Ray ARE the Masterminds behind this truck. Thanks again for all your help.

Its all thanks to you Mike. I've said you and Ray ARE the Masterminds behind this truck. Thanks again for all your help.

No problem! Back on the prelude now. finishing up paint. May be ready by Finals, if not soon after ill send a pick to your phone momentarily!

You are going to post a log in here of the Prelude ?? :rockwoot:

Oh Yeah! ill start one fairly soon. My 8002's (yes thats plural) should be here next week. Decided to go with two of those on 8 8" iso-kits. Front stage will be similar to yours (6" component) with a center channel. ALL IN THE DASH! Im planning on a 2.2/2502iq on front stage, a 1752 on center and a 1752 on rear fill. Should be doin the spl numbers the 18" was doin and sound INCREDIBLE to boot!

Would love to do a test of remaining USA built, straight forward A/B amps built in the USA. I think that just leaves LP and Lunar. Both small foot print and limited features.

Mmats and Zed Audio are still done here correct?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Cablguy184    49

Meet us at the USACI World Finals this year. You can listen to all the Blues/Linear equipment you want !!!

Got some more odds pics of the truck. Going to try and upload soon. thanks.... :rockwoot:

:drink40:

trickyricky    0

I am the same, love the plum krazy. I currently have about 12 LP's right now. At one point I had about 17 but I had to sell a few due to work otherwise I would of never have sold any. I regret selling my 8002SW that Ray modded.

Cablguy184    49

I understand, All my LP stuff is modded.

I've had several LP stuff over the years I wish I had back. :drink40:

Post up some pics if you get a chance. I'd like to see the collection. B)

I am the same, love the plum krazy. I currently have about 12 LP's right now. At one point I had about 17 but I had to sell a few due to work otherwise I would of never have sold any. I regret selling my 8002SW that Ray modded.

Welcome to CA-F. We would love to see pictures of your collection.

Cablguy184    49

Heck, I would love to see more LP/Blues installs. :)

Make your way to the USACI World Finals in October !!! B)