Cablguy184

Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado

Looking forward to more pix. Just got to polish up those head lights. :)

Linked this in the newsletter that just went out. :)

Cablguy184    49

Looking forward to more pix. Just got to polish up those head lights. :)

Thanks bro. Pics on the way. Trying to get new lights.

Linked this in the newsletter that just went out. :)

That AWESOME Aaron !!! Thank you.

Nice truck! Like the rims!

Thanks man. Your ride on here somewhere ??

• Upvote 1

Cablguy184    49

Pioneer Head unit, Linear Power PA2 Audiopath and X03 Crossover.

Blues Car Audio 6.5 component set in custom A pillars and kick pannels.

Code Alarm - New York Series - Alarm System.

26203464011_large.jpg

26203464010_large.jpg

Edited by Cablguy184
  • Upvote 2

I had thought about going back to external crossovers, for quick and easy adjustments.

actually I'm rumming both passive and active on front stage. Details later. B)

:huh2: :huh2:

Cablguy184    49

From Blues Website:

A simple two way crossover with compensation network keeps the phase and impedance nice and flat for most of the speakers frequency range. The tweeter has a 12db Butterworth high pass crossover with impedance compensation. It also has a tweeter protection circuit designed to protect without adding any "color" to the sound.

The woofer is full range with impedance compensation and rolls off naturally. The natural peak at resonance helps to provide a smooth low end rolloff while keeping the woofer under control under high power. Keeping the phase angle near zero is one of the keys to the coherence and clarity in imaging you get from all the Blues™ drivers.

For those wanting to use active crossovers, all Blues™ component sets are also offered with a compensation network only instead of a passive crossover. Power handling, response, and phase all remain the same.

My active crossover , bottom end down to 32 htz for natural roll off. ALOT of control of the front stage.

• Upvote 1

Cablguy184    49

Linear Power 2.2hv and Linear Power 502hv.(All Modified by TIPS/Linear Power)

Blues Car Audio Iso-kit 10 subs (pair). Separate enclosures tuned to 22 htz.

26203464013_large.jpg

26203464012_large.jpg

26203460091_large.jpg

:thanx: More pics and info soon.

• Upvote 2

From Blues Website:

A simple two way crossover with compensation network keeps the phase and impedance nice and flat for most of the speakers frequency range. The tweeter has a 12db Butterworth high pass crossover with impedance compensation. It also has a tweeter protection circuit designed to protect without adding any "color" to the sound.

The woofer is full range with impedance compensation and rolls off naturally. The natural peak at resonance helps to provide a smooth low end rolloff while keeping the woofer under control under high power. Keeping the phase angle near zero is one of the keys to the coherence and clarity in imaging you get from all the Blues™ drivers.

For those wanting to use active crossovers, all Blues™ component sets are also offered with a compensation network only instead of a passive crossover. Power handling, response, and phase all remain the same.

My active crossover , bottom end down to 32 htz for natural roll off. ALOT of control of the front stage.

Thanks for the explanation. I prefer a standard 2 way active for the most part, but I am always interested in new ways.

Cablguy184    49

I love the traditional heat sinks.

dang bro thats sick an i like the color of your amp purple :)

Thanks guys, Plum Crazy (purple) has always been my favorite Linear Power color. Those are my "dream come true" amps. :rockwoot:

• Upvote 1

Cablguy184    49

A few pics of the sub enclosure and battery rack:

26203460047_large.jpg

26203460092_large.jpg

26203464048_large.jpg

Still got pannels and stuff to build, work in progress. (when I got time) thanks ... :detail::drink40:

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, Plum Crazy (purple) has always been my favorite Linear Power color. Those are my "dream come true" amps. :rockwoot:

Would love to do a test of remaining USA built, straight forward A/B amps built in the USA. I think that just leaves LP and Lunar. Both small foot print and limited features.

Surprised the amount of batteries for the power you are running.