^Agreed....I have owned many amplifiers/ speakers also in various systems, JL, DLS, PG just to name a few and without a doubt, the LP amps and speakers are my choice regardless of price. I am currently competing against 4 and 3 way front stages that are competition built with all external processing etc with my 2 way stock built front stage and i am whooping ass going and coming. tonality, imaging, staging... the equipment combination requires minimal eq ing. Speaker systems deliver from 30 Hz upwards effortlessly and into the upper 20's in usable range. I have competed without a sub woofer once and beat everyone at the competition. The equipment is worth more than twice the cost simply because i have not heard anything close. The noise floors in the amplifiers are ridiculously low to the point where u hear the cd motor in the head unit even when coupled with high efficiency speakers. The power as the name implies, is truly Linear as you dont even have to listen to the system at higher listening levels to experience great sub bass that is extremely transparent. I would recommend Linear Power equipment to anyone who can afford it.
As i am on the topic of affording it...food for thought is created when considering 3 and 4 way installation:
1) More vehicle Modification required resulting in devaluing vehicle and reducing originality.
2) More wiring required resulting in higher chances of cross talk, noises, whines
3) More amplification channels/ amplifiers needed increases cost
4) More processing required to correct time alignment/ phase issues
5) More Space occupied by system in trunk etc
6) Higher Installation cost
7) Longer installation period
8) Higher likely hood of system problems as all connections in system designs are considered to be weak links and the obvious understanding that if you have more equipment then chances of equipment failure is higher.
9) Tuning can be significantly more tedious and more difficult to get right
10) Coloration effects resulting in an unreal experience.
Choose you system design wisely.