All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. CA-F.com Never Ending Story

Maybe it is time to consolidate like I did with the other forums.
  3. Restrictive copyright rules under consideration could have a huge, negative effect on the freedom and openness of the internet. View the full article
  4. Notice an error and your brain will automatically respond. View the full article
  5. Mark Zuckerberg is making bank on your information. View the full article
  6. The Cape May-Lewes ferry was deliberately sunk about 30 miles offshore to create an artificial reef. View the full article
  7. Earlier
  8. From downtown to O'Hare in 12 minutes. View the full article
  9. When I heard that I would be reviewing the $28,000 Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Momentum phono preamplifier for this issue of Enjoy The Music, I was a very happy audiophile -- on account of the time I spent with the $50,000 D'Agostino Momentum Lifestyle integrated amplifier that I reviewed earlier this year. If this phono preamplifier had any of the sonic characteristics of the MLife, I suspected I was going to hear my records through a state-of-the-art phono preamp, or at the very least one that was very close to state-of-the-art. When writing about their MLife integrated amp I declared that not only have I never heard an integrated sound so marvelous in my system, I never have I heard one sound as marvelous anywhere. So again, I was looking forward not only to hear what the Dan D'Agostino phono preamp sounded like in my system, but to also take advantage of its ease of use and flexibility, as all its settings can be adjusted by controls on its front panel. Spoiler alert: The D'Agostino phono stage sounds incredible. Read More View the full article
  10. Bryston is a company that has never rested on their laurels. Unlike some companies, Bryston does not release new products every year; just to release "something". Instead, Bryston tends to issue generational releases, marked by a significant incremental improvement in sound and technology. Last year, Bryston introduced their new Cubed Series amplifiers, followed by Cubed Series Integrated Amplifier (Bryston B-1353 Integrated Amplifier), Pre-Amplifier (Bryston BP-173 Preamplifier) and Digital Streamer (Bryston BDP-3 Digital Player). The Cubed Series products were developed with the same patented circuitry developed in conjunction with Dr. Salomie, Ph.D., to "move the listener ever closer to the music with such visceral realism, the experience is most comparable to live performance". Read More View the full article
  11. EnjoyTheMusic.com will be closed from Wednesday June 13th through June 18th for holiday and a wedding of Creative Director Steven R. Rochlin to his Muse, the lovely Heather Baird. Read More View the full article
  12. A one-of-a-kind design that's worth standing beneath. View the full article
  13. "Paving for pizza" is a good advertising gimmick, and the sign of a sad state of infrastructural affairs. View the full article
  14. Popular streaming music service Deezer has a survey where they ask if you're "frozen in time with your music?" According to their finding, "After 'asking' 5000 people in France, the UK, Germany, USA and Brazil how often you listened to new music and over 65% of you told us that you only listen to tracks you already know, with 60% wanting to expand their musical repertoire." Read More View the full article
  15. Some may think that because the Classic Preamp is a tube unit that one could assume that its midrange would be the star of the show. Of course Yes, this linestage has "a great midrange", but it does this without anything that would resemble what one might consider a typical "tube sound", at least not in the negative sense of the term. In fact, of the best things about this midrange was how much I did not notice it. Read More View the full article
  16. Nordost is happy to reintroduce a true Nordost classic, the SuperFlatline Speaker Cable (starts at $299.99 for a two-meter pair; additional paired one-meter increments are $100). SuperFlatline was one of the original cable options that put Nordost on the map. Easily distinguishable by its trademark, flat design, SuperFlatline quickly became known throughout the industry as one of the most respected high end speaker cables. According to Nordost, this cable "offers an unmatched performance level at its price point. Read More View the full article
  17. The new Burson Audio Fun ($299 to $849 depending on configuration) is a dual mono Class A headphone amplifier and preamplifier. Its symmetrical circuitry is powered by four sets of Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) developed by Burson. Their MCPS is claimed to be far superior to traditional transformers by delivering instant, clean, and maximum electric current. At the heart of Burson's Fun is their fully discrete Burson Conductor V2 amplification stage. This same circuitry has been refined since 2008 and famed for its micro details and musicality. Read More View the full article
  18. Computer scientists fed AI data from a disturbing subreddit, and taught it to see violence almost everywhere. View the full article
  19. The newly-completed Summit supercomputer is specifically designed to run artificial intelligence software. View the full article
  20. French company Apurna has announced their new Prelude Stereo Amplifier and Prelude Integrated Stereo Amplifier. Amplification for both models is 200 Watts per channel, two channels @ 4 Ohms and 100 Watts @ 8 Ohms. Analog inputs include balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA, plus there's a 12V trigger in / out link. Read More View the full article
  21. The goal is custom-built centers that can be launched quickly. View the full article
  22. They scammed their way into over $1 million worth of electronics from the site. Now they're going to jail. View the full article
  23. The National Transportation Safety Board's preliminary review of a fatal Tesla crash in March finds that the software was steering the car at the time of the crash. View the full article
  24. Where do we even go from here? View the full article
  25. Midrange of the Christine Reference was what gave me the impression that this component sounded neither tube-like or solid-state, it simply sounded like music. Read More View the full article
  26. Hi-Fi+ Magazine's June 2018 issue features show coverage of AXPONA 2018, Meet Your Maker with Allan Hendry of MonoPulse, plus Meet Your Dealer featuring Dominic Lye of StudioAV. High-end audio equipment reviews within this isue include Dynaudio Music 5 wireless loudspeaker, Audioengine A5+ Wireless standmount loudspeaker, Riva Festival wireless loudspeaker, PSB M4U 8 noise-cancelling headphones, Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset for binaural recordings... Read More View the full article
  27. It feels like something's got to give. View the full article
  1. Load more activity